McDonnell F-4C Phantom II, USAF (1/48, Eduard)

Begonnen von David Lengyel, 28. März 2016, 12:39:06

David Lengyel

Hello gentlemen,

here's the result of my last project. Kit is Eduard's Good Evening Da Nang limited edition (Academy kit, Brassin wheels, nozzles, Zoom cockpit, masks, Furball / Cartograf decals) and I've used following aftermarket goods:

• Eduard F-4C upgrade set
  • Eduard F-4C air brakes
  • Eduard M117 bomb early
  • Eduard F-4C Stencils
  • Eduard Remove Before Flight Super Fabric
  • Aerobonus Wing Pylons (US Navy version)
  • Aerobonus Triple Ejector Rack
  • Aerobonus Multiple Ejector Rack
  • Aires Auxiliary Air Intakes
  • Aires USAF/USMC Land Based Wooden Wheel Chock
  • HGW Wet Transfer Stencils
  • Hypersonic Models A/C Air Scoops
  • Hypersonic Models Unslotted Stabilator
  • Hypersonic Models Martin-Baker Mk. H-5 ejection seats
  • Master Pitot Tube (short nose versions)
  • XMM Air Intakes

Paints used: Mr. Paint, Gunze Mr. Color

mumm

Wow, David, awesome work!
I would go mad with all those stencils... :12:, but you managed that very well.

Peter  :klatsch:

maybe a moderator could push your great work into the galerie?

Flugwuzzi

:klatsch: :klatsch: Excellent build and very nice weathering ... well done!

cheers
Walter
DAS GEHEIMNIS DES ERFOLGES IST ANZUFANGEN. (Mark Twain)

Frank74

Alex

Hier ist mein Portfolio, und hier meine weiteren Berichte (<-- Upgedated am 20.9.2015)
Finisher des Phantom-, Viermot-, Matchbox- und Artillerie-Groupbuilds, sowie des Bierdeckels-, Panzer-, Oldtimer- und OOB-Contests!

old rookie

MadPlast

Hi David,
awsome model with exzellent weathering on top   :respekt: .

Hajo L.

Yeah... not bad....

No, not bad, but badass! Really excellent! Never seen before!

HAJO
"My theory is longer, thicker and harder than yours." (Frank Farrelly)

Aufgrund der Photobucket-Problematik sind zahlreiche Bilder von mir nicht sichtbar. Bei signalisiertem Interesse stelle ich die fehlenden Bilder gerne über einen anderen Host wieder online.

Bongolo67

Hi David,

a true masterpiece! :P :klatsch:

Can't wait to see it in Cheb. :D

Cheers

Ulf

F-16

Hello David,
very nice work and paint job!  :P

But i´m a little bit worried:

Zitat von: David Lengyel in 28. März 2016, 12:39:06... and I've used following aftermarket goods:

• Eduard F-4C Stencils
  • HGW Wet Transfer Stencils

In the Manual i stop to count at 450+ Stencils, maybe there are not enough?

:D

Regards, Lars.

Mini sein Assistent

Hi David,

a truly outstanding work  :P :P :P
This mass of decals would have made me mad  :respekt:

Best regards,
Markus.
F U B A R

David Lengyel

Thank you very much gentlemen :) I'm glad you like the result.

Lars, I've used combination of wet transfers from HGW and Eduard decals because I've had HGW's pre-sale test sheet which had wrong yellow color so I had to resort to decals for yellow marks only ;)

F-16

Ah, okay, i afraid that i had to put 600+ Decals on the Model...  :6:
David, do you had Problems with the MER? Some Weeks ago i removed the Sprue from my Aerobonus MERs and last Week i see that they bends downwards, probably trogh the different amount of material around the Center Line. I have a extra long Drill and think about a stiffening with a 3mm carbon fibre or steel wire on the complete lenght of the MER. ( If i not loose the direction while drilling...)

David Lengyel

Not at all considering the fact they have been lying around in the box for more than 9 months :)

xxxSWORDFISHxxx

Dude

What a beauty, David.

Been thinking about doing exactly the same scheme from the Eduard boxing for a while but couldn't get a decent picture of how she'd look in my head........ Well, that has now changed completely.   :D
Flipping through the instructions I kept thinking that small TAC badge on the fin would provide the only splash of color to such bland scheme but seeing the finished result here I need to confess that you really made her come alive. Hats off to you!

Congratulations on such terrific finish - definitely one of the nicest Phantoms I've seen for quite a while.  :V:
...denn mehr als ein Siegerländer kann der Mensch kaum werden.

Aufs Allerherzlichste,
Steffen

De Sejener

Travis

You've turned her into a real beauty!  :1:
Awesome!  :P :D

Tho :santa:
- Modellbaufreunde Siegen -

I knew it, I knew it! Well, not in the sense of having the slightest idea but I knew there was something I didn't know!

Come to the dark side, Luke...   We have cookies!!!

Mr. Hudson

Wonderful work and a great weatherung  :klatsch:

Regards

Kai  :winken:

Meine Modelle und Bauberichte (auf das Banner klicken)

ralph21075

WOW, that is awesome!  8o

What an outstanding display of perfect craftmanship, congratulations!!! I love the finish of your Phantom.

:klatsch: :klatsch: :klatsch: :klatsch: :klatsch: :klatsch: :klatsch:

:winken:

Hobbybastler

What else can I say? Nothing!  :klatsch: :klatsch: :klatsch:

I´m deeply impressed by your reproduction of the Phantom. Really compelling!

Best regards, Christian

Phantom 309

Hi, David,
I've to say, you made a very fine job, indeed. I'm almost speechless in due of the excellent finish.
But, please, allow me 4 questions:

1.) MDD F-4 C is a machine for the "Air Force", but you present the airframe in the colours of the "Navy"? Is this correct in fact?
2.) Does the leading eges of the wings were in bare metal? The lips of the air intake were unpainted, but the leading egdes?
3.) When I'm not wrong, your aircraft (Air Force) wears pylons from the "Navy". That was and is very unusual.
4.) In the inside of the airbrakes  I see, running from each side from the head of the cylinder to the brake plate, a line. What's that?

I beg your pardon for some mistakes in the words, but "my english is not the yellow from the egg".

Best wishes from Munich,

Jürgen

jazznote

- - - - - - - - - -
gebaut 1:72: U-VIIC 1:48: P-38,I-16,Delta Dagger,Black Widow,Corsair,B-29,Corsair 1:35:Firefly,Jagdpanther 1:32:SuperSportster

David Lengyel

Thank you very much gentlemen ;)

Zitat von: Phantom 309 in 06. April 2016, 12:59:53
Hi, David,
I've to say, you made a very fine job, indeed. I'm almost speechless in due of the excellent finish.
But, please, allow me 4 questions:

1.) MDD F-4 C is a machine for the "Air Force", but you present the airframe in the colours of the "Navy"? Is this correct in fact?
2.) Does the leading eges of the wings were in bare metal? The lips of the air intake were unpainted, but the leading egdes?
3.) When I'm not wrong, your aircraft (Air Force) wears pylons from the "Navy". That was and is very unusual.
4.) In the inside of the airbrakes  I see, running from each side from the head of the cylinder to the brake plate, a line. What's that?

I beg your pardon for some mistakes in the words, but "my english is not the yellow from the egg".

Best wishes from Munich,

Jürgen

Hi Jürgen,

thank you for your kind words and questions. I've build McDonnell F-4C Phantom II, airframe 64-0676 in particular, time frame January 1966 when it was transfered to the Cam Ranh Bay AB in South Vietnam. At that time F-4C were sporting original US Navy Light Gull Grey / White camo scheme along with so called early inboard pylons sometimes called US Navy version. These early jets usually had leading edges protected with the coroguard, which was a metallic paint. Please see pictures of the 64-0676 from the time frame of summer 1965 till January 1966.

Hydraulic lines inside brakes are backwards, that's an error from my side indeed.

Thank you once again :)

David

MajorTom2004

Hi David.

Not only a brilliant build, but also brilliant pictures!
Thank you for sharing

Thomas

Hajo L.

I just noticed the red "kill mark". Is that a F-100??? At least the silhouette looke like one!

HAJO
"My theory is longer, thicker and harder than yours." (Frank Farrelly)

Aufgrund der Photobucket-Problematik sind zahlreiche Bilder von mir nicht sichtbar. Bei signalisiertem Interesse stelle ich die fehlenden Bilder gerne über einen anderen Host wieder online.