Darstellung von Eis im Diorama

Begonnen von monogram, 07. Januar 2007, 18:06:37

monogram

Ich packs mal hier rein.

Selten habe ich etwas realistischeres wie dieses Diorama gesehen. Die Herstellungsweise kopiere ich mal rein, da sie die Tage im virtuellen Nirvana verschwinden wird und sie ist auf englisch von Steelnavy. Die Verlinkung der Bilder wird die Modemuser und Scrollhasser abschrecken, also auch hier ein Verzicht. Na eines sei mir erlaubt. Es entschädigt das Laden und Scrollen.

Thanks again!

Posted by JB André on January 4, 2007, 1:36:49

Really, that must be the most accurate boat i every did thanks to the help I got here
Thanks for your comments guys!

I can't really post any new pictures because the dio is not completely finished -if you look closely, the 2 sailors aren't yet fixed to their ropes etc.

as for the ice here's the technique
-1/ plaster masters
-2/ latex molds
-3/ precast some grainy polyester resin (stirred when half set) tainted in transparent white oil paint.
-4/ cast several layers of polyester resin of different transparent colours and mixing these with the precast bits wich will make some details
-5/ once you get these right, use those microballoons available over different brands to create the snow over some "discovered " places

this is pretty much time consuming but it is the only no-lousy way I found to create icebergs!

As for the figs, thanks for the comments, the fact is 1/35 is really a convenient scale to see both the white of the eyes of the guys and yet being abble to create some reasonably big bits of boats.

thanks again!!
JB